Culture, Society & The Arts @ Mānoa
Uniquely situated between the East and the West, the University of Hawai`i at Mānoa presents a rich array of cultural programs for education and entertainment, particularly in the Hawaiian, Asian, and Pacific cultures. Campus life is enhanced by artistic and cultural expressions in academic scholarship as well as creative performances and exhibitions.
Our alumni giving increases by 20 percent annually.
Our attendance at cultural and sporting events increase by 10 percent annually.
Alumni participation at our events increases by 20 percent annually.
- Promote the study of Hawaiian language, culture, and education.
- Support the arts as major fields of academic and creative scholarship that contribute to quality education and campus enrichment.
- Promote artistic and cultural expression as a means of personal, communal, and ethnic expression and identity.
- Expand our artistic and cultural reputation nationally and in Asia and the Pacific.
- Evaluate a film school to support the study of cinematic and digital arts.
- Enhance campus life with popular entertainment including movies, concerts, and plays.
- Build a vibrant alumni community through outreach, campus events, and unique services.
- Develop performance and exhibition venues.
- Provide an attractive variety of dining opportunities, including late night venues, coffee shops, and a faculty club.
- Build a sense of pride in Mānoa by supporting intercollegiate athletics at the highest level.
- Expand opportunities for students to participate in a broad range of athletic programs.
- Support gender equity in intramural and intercollegiate sports programs.
- Develop meaningful and effective wellness programs for students, faculty, and staff.