Graduation Information

You are eligible to graduate once you have completed your college or school and major requirements. In order to participate in Commencement, the official graduation ceremony, you must apply for your degree and register for Commencement.

Apply for Your Degree

To apply for your degree, take the following steps:

  1. Meet with your advisor to do a degree check and to ensure that you have met all requirements and are qualified to graduate.
  2. Apply for Graduation with your college or school's Advising office the semester before you intend to graduate.
  3. Log into MyUH Services to pay diploma fee.
  4. To confirm that your degree has been awarded, check your academic record in STAR for Students. Your degree will be officially posted approximately eight to 10 weeks after the end of the semester. Visit transcripts for official documentation of your degree awarded.

Degree Application Deadlines

The following are University degree application deadlines. Some programs may have earlier deadlines; check with your college or school's Advising office for more information.

Graduation Term Application Deadline
Fall 2018 September 7, 2018
Spring 2019 January 25, 2019
Summer 2019 May 24, 2019*
Fall 2019 September 13, 2019
Spring 2020 January 31, 2020
Summer 2020 May 29, 2020*

Note: If you fail to apply for your degree by the deadline your name will not be published in the Commencement program and you may not receive your diploma on time.

* Since there are no Summer Commencement exercises, you must indicate on the Application for Degree form whether you want your name printed in the prior Spring or following Fall Commencement program. In order for your name to be printed in the Spring Commencement program, your degree application must be received by the earlier Spring application deadline. Otherwise, your name will be printed in the Fall Commencement program.

Change Your Graduation Date

If you have already submitted a degree application and need to postpone or cancel your graduation, contact your college or school's Advising office.

Note: You must also inform your college or school's Advising office if you submitted a Hawaiian Language Diploma Application and plan to change your graduation date.


Visit Commencement to register and for additional ceremony information.