Shipping and Receiving Biological Commodities
Classification, Packaging, Marking, Labeling and Documentation requirements for proper shipping of biological commodities, according to IATA, DOT, DOC, CDC, USDA- APHIS, and CFR regulations. Training is required for anyone who transports, ships, or receives infectious and biological substances. Recertification is required every two years.
The Transportation Training course is available online through Laulima.
- To register for the course, visit: https://laulima.hawaii.edu/autoenroll/?tibs-permits
- Log in with your UH username and password. Staff, students or guests at the University who do not have a hawaii.edu username can obtain a username and password here. To gain temporary guest access to the training program without a hawaii.edu username use the online Contact Form. Please provide the PI's name in your message.
- The course will be added to your list of courses (the tabs at the top of your Laulima homepage). If not, try refreshing your window.
- Click on the "Transportation Training" course and review the modules.
- Click on "Take the Test" in the left hand navigational panel, and then click "Transport of Infectious and Biological Substances Test" to begin the quiz.
- You will be notified via email of successful completion of the training.
If you have any problems, please Contact Us.
Training is also available in classroom style lessons for groups of 5 or more attendees. To schedule a classroom training, contact us through the online Contact Form.