General Biological Safety
General training on UH policies regarding biological safety, principles of safe lab practices, appropriate storage, transport and disposal, and decontamination of biological substances.
UH researchers, laboratory staff and students working with biological commodities are required to complete an initial in-classroom training, as well as an online refresher annually. To schedule a classroom training, contact us through the online Contact Form.
The Biological Safety Training course is available online through Laulima.
- To register for the course, visit: https://laulima.hawaii.edu/autoenroll/?uh_biosafety
- Log in with your UH username and password.Staff, students or guests at the University who do not have a hawaii.edu username can obtain a username and password here. To gain temporary guest access to the training program without a hawaii.edu username use the online Contact Form. Please provide the PI’s name in your message.
- The course will be added to your list of courses (the tabs at the top of your Laulima homepage). If not, try refreshing your window.
- Click on the "General Biosafety Training" course and review the modules.
- Click on "Take the Quiz" in the left hand navigational panel, and then click "General Biosafety Quiz" to begin the quiz.
- You will be notified via email of successful completion of the training.
If you have any problems, please Contact Us.