Importation of Non-Regulated Biological Materials
Some biological materials are not regulated by state and federal agencies (Hawaiʻi Department of Agriculture, USDA, CDC) or require additional approval. Please read through the following exceptions carefully.
American Type Tissue Culture Collection requires all individuals to obtain an approval/exception letter from Hawaiʻi Department of Agriculture prior to requesting any biological commodity from them. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the proper procedures.
Other Items that May Require Authorization
- Biological toxins
- Fetal Bovine Serum, Fetal Calf Serum
- Micro-particles (bacteriophages, plasmids, and other DNA/RNA particles)
- Native plant propagation
- Plants and plant parts (cutting, grafts, scion, bud, seed, leaf, root, etc.)
- Serum and like products from bovine, calf, sheep)
- Soil samples
- Quality control kits (i.e., biological indicators for autoclaves)
- Reference strains
Email email@example.com for additional information.