Tenure, Promotion, and Contract Renewal
The Tenure and Promotion process for Mānoa faculty is governed by three documents: Executive Policy, the Agreement between the University of Hawaii Professional Assembly and the Board of Regents of the University of Hawaii (UHPA contract), and your department's criteria and procedures. Additionally, the Criteria and Guidelines for Mānoa provides campus-wide criteria as well as instructions and guidelines for preparing the dossier.
Each fall, the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs holds informational workshops for faculty who will be applying for tenure and/or promotion. We encourage all faculty who will be submitting applications to attend one of these workshops, including those who will be applying within the next 3 years.
Fall 2012 Schedule of Workshops
**For your convenience, the forms and applications are available for download below.
- Timetable 2012-2013 (PDF)
- UHM Criteria and Guidelines for Tenure/Promotion (PDF)
- Appendix A - Executive Policy - Classification of Faculty - E5.221 (PDF)
- Appendix B - Supplemental Guidelines for Librarians, Specialists, or Extension Agents (DOC)
- Tenure and Promotion/Application
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- Tenure and Promotion application form-fillable (PDF)
- All faculty Part 1 to Part 3 and Part 5 to Part 9 (DOC)
Alternative for MS Office 2008 (DOC)
- Memo on Minimum Qualifications for Tenure and Promotion (PDF)