Shidler College of Business celebrates its 60th anniversary
Shidler Honors Howard H. Hamamoto, Victor Lim, Ross Murakami and Virginia PresslerUniversity of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa
Posted: Oct. 9, 2009
WHAT: The UH Mānoa Shidler College of Business will launch its 60th Anniversary celebration
beginning with its annual Hall of Honor Awards Dinner. Proceeds from this event will
benefit the Shidler College of Business Alumni Association Endowed Scholarship Fund.
The event features six reunion receptions, galleries of photos from 1949-2009, a special
60th anniversary video, a formal program to recognize the entering classes of 1949 (class
of ’52 and ’53), and four new inductees into the College’s Hall of Honor.
Entertainment will include former Miss Hawaiʻi Candes Meijide Gentry (MBA,’04) and the UH
The College will also honor the following recipients:
• Howard H. Hamamoto, (BBA ’53), President, Quarters, Inc.
• Victor Lim, (BBA ‘73, MBA ’75), President, LWD, Inc., dba McDonald’s®
• Ross Murakami, (BBA ’87), Founding Partner, KMH LLP
• Virginia Pressler, MD, (MBA ’74), Executive Vice President and Chief Strategic Officer,
Hawai‘i Pacific Health
WHEN: 5:00 p.m., Thursday, October 15, 2009
WHERE: Hilton Hawaiian Village Beach Resort & Spa, Coral Ballroom
SPONSORS: Hawaiʻi Business Magazine, Shidler College of Business
WEBSITE: For more information, visit: www.shidler60.com
PHOTO OPT: • Approximately 800 of Hawaiʻi’s top business professionals and alumni are expected to attend
• 5:30-6:30 — Six reunion booths starting with the 1950s to the 2000s will feature historic
photos of people, places and events in Hawaiʻi, and give away nostalgic snack and