Career, College & Job Fair at Leeward Community College set for April 12Leeward Community College
Job Prep Services
PEARL CITY, Oahu — Leeward Community College (LCC), the University of Hawaiʻi-West Oʻahu (UHWO), Leeward Partnership for School-to-Work (LPSTW), and GEAR UP Hawaiʻi will sponsor the annual Career, College & Job Fair on Thursday, April 12, 9:00 am — 2:00 pm at the Library at Leeward Community College.
The fair is free for the public and serves as a resource for students, businesses, colleges, and the community. The state‘s low unemployment rate and relatively strong economy are serving as catalysts for brisk hiring by growing businesses, as companies looking to hire continue to face one of the tightest job markets in recent history.
Activities will include:
- More than 90 employers will be recruiting and eager to talk about their company, agency or organization including City and County of Honolulu, Hawaiian Electric Company, U.S. FBI, Servco Pacific, POI Employment, Child and Family Services and many more.
- Over 60 representatives from undergraduate and graduate university programs will share information for certificates, associate degrees, bachelor degrees and master degrees, including: LCC, UH-West O‘ahu, UH-Manoa, Chaminade University, Hawaii Pacific University, Central Michigan University, Argosy University, and University of Phoenix.
- Special College Planning presentation to 500 area high school students emceed by Kutmaster Spaz.
- Hawaiian Electric Company testing for open positions in their office and automotive pools. Interested candidates must register on site in advance. It‘s first come, first served with testing beginning at 1:30 pm.
- Fair attendees can also test their physical skills at U.S. Marines Obstacle Course or the U.S. Army‘s Climbing Wall that will be set up on campus.
- The Honolulu Police Department‘s bomb squad, chopper, and other units will present different demonstrations.
The fair is open to the public. Admission and parking are free.
The Leeward Partnership for School-to-Work is a non-profit organization whose membership is comprised of Campbell, Pearl City, Kapolei, Nanakuli, and Waianae high schools, along with businesses, non-profit organizations, and the University of Hawaiʻi. Its mission is to:
- Develop, maintain, and strengthen partnership connections,
- Provide a forum for business, labor, education and residents of the community,
- Develop, jointly, policies and an infrastructure for a seamless career development system, and
- Prepare all students for satisfying career choices.
For more information, call Leeward Community College‘s Job Prep Services at 455-0240 or e-mail email@example.com