Dean searches concluding for UH Manoa College of Education and School of Architecture
Candidates visits scheduled in the next three weeksUniversity of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa
Posted: Mar 15, 2007
The University of Hawaii at Manoa is concluding the search process for two deans - for the College of Education and for the School of Architecture.
Candidates will be visiting the Manoa campus over the next few weeks for meetings with senior administrators, faculty, staff, students and members of their respective professions - and will present themselves for general, open sessions and Q & A to all comers on the schedules below.
Candidates for Dean, College of Education are:
- Donna Wiseman, Professor and Associate Dean for Academic Programs, College of Education, University of Maryland College Park, on campus March 19-20;
- Christine Sorensen, Dean, College of Education, Northern Illinois University, at Manoa April 2-3; and
- Donald Young, Professor of Education and Interim Dean, University of Hawaiʻi College of Education, scheduling meetings April 4-5.
During the open sessons, candidates have been asked to address the topic: Teacher Education and No Child Left Behind: The Role of a College of Education Dean.
All open sessions will be in the Architecture Auditorium on the following dates:
- Monday, March 19, 4:00 — 5:30 p.m. — Donna Wiseman
- Monday, April 2, 4:00 — 5:30 p.m. — Christine Sorensen
- Thursday, April 5, 4:00 — 5:30 p.m. — Donald Young
For candidate CV and other information, visit the Web at: www.hawaii.edu/executivesearch/education
Candidates for the dean's position at the School of Architecture are:
- Gregory Kessler, Director of the School of Architecture and Construction Management at Washington State University, who will visit March 21-22; and
- Clark E. Llewellyn, Director of the School of Architecture, Montana State University, who will be on campus March 22-23.
A third candidate, Joseph Bilello, Dean and Professor of Architecture at Ball State University College of Architecture and Planning, visited Manoa February 28-March 1.
The open sessions for architecture candidates - in the Architecture Auditorium - will include an address on the subject: Moving the Center: The Future of Architectural Practice and Education in the Asia-Pacific Region
A Q & A session will follow - on the following dates:
- Wednesday, March 21, 4:30 — 6:00 p.m. — Gregory Kessler
- Friday, March 23, 4:30 — 6:00 p.m. — Clark Llewellyn
For additional information about the candidates and about the search process, visitthe Web at www.hawaii.edu/executivesearch/architecture
For more information, visit: http://www.hawaii.edu/executivesearch