Skip to main content

Thammasat University

Thammasat University




Open to undergraduate students in all majors.

  • Thammasat is a particularly good fit for students in Business, Economics, and Political Science!
  • Academic areas at Thammasat: At the Thammasat Business School - Students take 4-5 courses per semester; a minimum of 3 courses must be in Business. Students may also take Thai language and culture classes. Other faculties and colleges include: Health Sciences, Architecture & Planning, Economics, Engineering, Fine Arts, Law, Liberal Arts, Medicine, Political Science, Science & Technology, Sociology & Anthropology, and Languages.


Yes - All courses at the Thammasat Business School are taught in English. Thai language and culture courses are also taught in English. Some courses in other faculties and departments are also taught in English.


Fall Semester August - December ("International Semester 1")
Spring Semester January - May ("International Semester 2")
Students may study at Thammasat University for two consecutive semesters, starting in the fall or spring.
Summer See MIX Summer Programs for dates.


On-campus accommodations are available at the Rangsit Campus.
Arrange your own housing
There is no on-campus at the Tha Prachan Campus at Thammasat University. However, the staff at Thammasat helps exchange students to find private and safe accommodation located near the university.


TUITION - MIX students register as full-time students at UH Manoa and pay regular UHM tuition & fees.  Your tuition category (Resident, Non-Resident, WUE, etc., stays the same). You do not pay overseas tuition. 

LIVING EXPENSES - In addition to paying UHM tuition, you are responsible for all living and travel expenses during your international exchange. Below are estimates of these expenses, for planning purposes only. Amounts listed below are for one semester, and will vary based on your individual needs and choices, as well as foreign exchange rate fluctuations.     

FINANCIAL AID - Since you are still a registered UHM student while on MIX, you continue to be eligible to receive financial aid and scholarships.  If you submit a ‘MIX Student Budget for Financial Aid Purposes’ form, UHM financial aid will take into consideration your overseas living and travel expenses when awarding your grants/loans. More info on Financial Aid & Scholarships for MIX  


What is a visa? A visa is an official stamp or document affixed within your passport that has been issued by a foreign government granting permission for entry into the country for a specific purpose.

MIX Students: It is your responsibility to obtain a student visa, if required. The information below is provided for reference purposes only; always consult your destination country's consulate website for the latest and most accurate information on visa requirements. Visa requirements may be different for U.S. citizens and non-U.S. citizens.

Thailand: Exchange students will need to apply for a multi-entry Non-immigrant visa, type ED. You can apply for your visa through the mail (Washington D.C. Consulate), or by visiting The Royal Thai Consulate-General in Honolulu. Processing time is about 2-3 weeks. Required documents (subject to change) include a valid passport (must be valid for at least 6 months after the end of your stay), two passport-size photos, an application form, an official acceptance letter from your Thai host university, a copy of your airline ticket, a visa fee, and a self-addressed stamped return envelope.

The Royal Thai Consulate-General in Honolulu:
Honorary Consul-General, Mr. Colin Miyabara
866 Iwilei Road, Room 201
Honolulu, HI 96817
Tel: (808) 524-7787, Hotline (808) 218-8803










Interactive MIX Map