Skip to main content

Mahidol University

Mahidol University




Open to undergraduate students in all majors.

  • Academic areas at Mahidol: Exchange students study at the Mahidol University International College (MUIC). MUIC greatly values the contributions exchange students make to the international atmosphere of the College and makes every effort to ensure that such students feel at home.
  • MUIC Academic Divisions include: Business Administration, Humanities & Language, Science, Social Science, Fine & Applied Arts, and Travel Industry Management.
  • School Uniforms - International students who are registered at undergraduate level (both regular and international programs) are requested to wear university uniforms in accordance with university rules.


Yes - All classes at MUIC are taught in English.


Fall Semester Late September - mid December ("1st Trimester")
Spring Semester
Early January - late March ("2nd Trimester") OR Early January - mid July ("2nd & 3rd Trimesters")
Students may study at Mahidol University for two consecutive semesters, starting in the fall or spring. Yearlong students may also take the 3rd Trimester (late April - mid July)



Two on-campus housing options are available to exchange students: Chaiyapruk Village (single and double rooms, common lounge and study room, swimming pool & sports center, restaurant; Chaiyapruk Village is a 10-minute bike ride from MUIC. The International House at Green Park Home Village (single and shared rooms, close to restaurants and shops; 10-minute bus ride from MUIC). **In 2014-15, Mahidol is offering full housing scholarships for two UHM students to live at Green Park Home. Ask MIX for details!**

Arrange your own housing
Affordable off campus housing is also widely available in the Bangkok metropolitan area, with numerous options including shared housing, private flats, or boarding houses.


TUITION - MIX students register as full-time students at UH Manoa and pay regular UHM tuition & fees.  Your tuition category (Resident, Non-Resident, WUE, etc., stays the same). You do not pay overseas tuition. 

LIVING EXPENSES - In addition to paying UHM tuition, you are responsible for all living and travel expenses during your international exchange. Below are estimates of these expenses, for planning purposes only. Amounts listed below are for one semester, and will vary based on your individual needs and choices, as well as foreign exchange rate fluctuations.        

FINANCIAL AID - Since you are still a registered UHM student while on MIX, you continue to be eligible to receive financial aid and scholarships.  If you submit a ‘MIX Student Budget for Financial Aid Purposes’ form, UHM financial aid will take into consideration your overseas living and travel expenses when awarding your grants/loans. More info on Financial Aid & Scholarships for MIX   

Estimates of housing and living expenses at MUIC are listed in the MUIC Welcome Guide.


What is a visa? A visa is an official stamp or document affixed within your passport that has been issued by a foreign government granting permission for entry into the country for a specific purpose.

MIX Students: It is your responsibility to obtain a student visa, if required. The information below is provided for reference purposes only; always consult your destination country's consulate website for the latest and most accurate information on visa requirements. Visa requirements may be different for U.S. citizens and non-U.S. citizens.

Thailand: Exchange students will need to apply for a multi-entry Non-immigrant visa, type ED. You can apply for your visa through the mail (Washington D.C. Consulate), or by visiting The Royal Thai Consulate-General in Honolulu. Processing time is about 2-3 weeks. Required documents (subject to change) include a valid passport (must be valid for at least 6 months after the end of your stay), two passport-size photos, an application form, an official acceptance letter from your Thai host university, a copy of your airline ticket, a visa fee, and a self-addressed stamped return envelope.

The Royal Thai Consulate-General in Honolulu:
Honorary Consul-General, Mr. Colin Miyabara
866 Iwilei Road, Room 201
Honolulu, HI 96817
Tel: (808) 524-7787, Hotline (808) 218-8803










Interactive MIX Map