Skip to main content

University of the Philippines, Diliman

University of the Philippines Diliman




Open to undergraduate and graduate students in all majors.


Yes - English is the language of instruction at this university.


Fall Semester Early August - mid December
Year Mid January - late May


Dormitories Exchange students may apply to live in on-campus Residence Halls.


TUITION - MIX students register as full-time students at UH Manoa and pay regular UHM tuition & fees.  Your tuition category (Resident, Non-Resident, WUE, etc., stays the same). You do not pay overseas tuition. 

LIVING EXPENSES - In addition to paying UHM tuition, you are responsible for all living and travel expenses during your international exchange. Below are estimates of these expenses, for planning purposes only. Amounts listed below are for one semester, and will vary based on your individual needs and choices, as well as foreign exchange rate fluctuations.      

  • Books & Supplies: $200
  • Housing & Meals: $3,600
  • Personal Expenses: $1,500
  • Local Transportation: $200
  • Round-trip airfare (from Hawaii): $1,400
  • Health Insurance: $400
  • Visa Expenses: $180

FINANCIAL AID - Since you are still a registered UHM student while on MIX, you continue to be eligible to receive financial aid and scholarships.  If you submit a ‘MIX Student Budget for Financial Aid Purposes’ form, UHM financial aid will take into consideration your overseas living and travel expenses when awarding your grants/loans. More info on Financial Aid & Scholarships for MIX 


What is a visa? A visa is an official stamp or document affixed within your passport that has been issued by a foreign government granting permission for entry into the country for a specific purpose.

MIX Students: It is your responsibility to obtain a student visa, if required. The information below is provided for reference purposes only; always consult your destination country's consulate website for the latest and most accurate information on visa requirements. Visa requirements may be different for U.S. citizens and non-U.S. citizens.

Philippines: Exchange students should apply for a 9(f) visa before traveling to the Philippines. The Philippine Consulate General in Honolulu is located at 2433 Pali Hwy, Honolulu, Hawaii 96817










Interactive MIX Map