Skip to main content

Monash University - Malaysia

Monash University


Bandar Sunway, MALAYSIA

  • Bandar Sunway is about 20 km from Kuala Lumpur.
  • Monash has six campuses in Australia, and five global campuses. Exchange students are welcome to study at the Monash University campuses in Australia, Malaysia, and South Africa.
  • Campus Map: Monash Malaysia


Open to undergraduate and graduate students in all majors.

  • Academic areas at Monash Malaysia: Arts & Social Sciences, Business, Engineering, Information Technology, Medicine & Health Sciences, Pharmacy, Science, Education
  • Explore Academics at Monash Malaysia


Yes - English is the official language of instruction at Monash Malaysia.


Fall Semester Mid July - mid November (Semester 2)
Spring Semester Early March - late June (Semester 1)
Students may study at Monash Malaysia for two consecutive semesters, starting in the fall or spring.


Exchange students should apply for Monash Malaysia accommodations - there are several off-campus student residences with single and double rooms.


TUITION - MIX students register as full-time students at UH Manoa and pay regular UHM tuition & fees.  Your tuition category (Resident, Non-Resident, WUE, etc., stays the same). You do not pay overseas tuition. 

LIVING EXPENSES - In addition to paying UHM tuition, you are responsible for all living and travel expenses during your international exchange. Below are estimates of these expenses, for planning purposes only. Amounts listed below are for one semester, and will vary based on your individual needs and choices, as well as foreign exchange rate fluctuations.    

View cost estimates on Monash University website

FINANCIAL AID - Since you are still a registered UHM student while on MIX, you continue to be eligible to receive financial aid and scholarships.  If you submit a ‘MIX Student Budget for Financial Aid Purposes’ form, UHM financial aid will take into consideration your overseas living and travel expenses when awarding your grants/loans. More info on Financial Aid & Scholarships for MIX  


What is a visa? A visa is an official stamp or document affixed within your passport that has been issued by a foreign government granting permission for entry into the country for a specific purpose.

MIX Students: It is your responsibility to obtain a student visa, if required. The information below is provided for reference purposes only; always consult your destination country's consulate website for the latest and most accurate information on visa requirements. Visa requirements may be different for U.S. citizens and non-U.S. citizens.

Malaysia: Students from the U.S. and several other countries (except China) may receive a visa upon arrival in Malaysia. You will need to provide several required documents to your university in Malaysia so that a Student Pass can be obtained on your behalf.










Interactive MIX Map