Skip to main content

University of Seoul

University of Seoul


Seoul, KOREA


Open to undergraduate students in all majors.

  • Academic areas at UoS: Exchange students at UOS may take courses offered by the Institute of International Cooperation and Education. These courses consist mainly of Korean language and culture studies courses. Students may also take courses in other academic areas.
  • Explore Academics at the UoS


Yes - there are about 100 courses taught in English at UOS. Many courses on Korean Studies are taught in English. Other areas with courses taught in English include public administration, law, international relations, business administration, electrical and computer engineering, materials science and engineering, computer science, architecture, physics, Korean history, urban studies, and geo-informatics. More info on UoS Courses in English


Fall Semester Late August - mid December
Spring Semester Late February - mid June
Year Students may study at UoS for two consecutive semesters, starting in the fall or spring.
Summer See MIX Summer Programs for dates.


Exchange students are guaranteed on-campus housing at UOS. Housing options include dormitories or the International House. Dormitory rooms are double-occupancy; International House rooms are apartments of 2-4 students, single occupancy rooms. Gym, convenience store, and laundry facilities are on-site. There are several cafeterias and snack bars on campus.
Arrange your own housing
Students may also choose to live off-campus; arrangements must be made on your own.


TUITION - MIX students register as full-time students at UH Manoa and pay regular UHM tuition & fees.  Your tuition category (Resident, Non-Resident, WUE, etc., stays the same). You do not pay overseas tuition. 

LIVING EXPENSES - In addition to paying UHM tuition, you are responsible for all living and travel expenses during your international exchange. Below are estimates of these expenses, for planning purposes only. Amounts listed below are for one semester, and will vary based on your individual needs and choices, as well as foreign exchange rate fluctuations.    

*UHM exchange students who study at the University of Seoul may qualify for a small monthly stipend (up to approximately US $400/month), provided by UoS, to help cover their living expenses.

FINANCIAL AID - Since you are still a registered UHM student while on MIX, you continue to be eligible to receive financial aid and scholarships.  If you submit a ‘MIX Student Budget for Financial Aid Purposes’ form, UHM financial aid will take into consideration your overseas living and travel expenses when awarding your grants/loans. More info on Financial Aid & Scholarships for MIX   

*Note: UHM exchange students who study at the University of Seoul may qualify for a small monthly stipend (up to approximately US $400/month), provided by the University of Seoul, to help cover their living expenses.


What is a visa? A visa is an official stamp or document affixed within your passport that has been issued by a foreign government granting permission for entry into the country for a specific purpose.

MIX Students: It is your responsibility to obtain a student visa, if required. The information below is provided for reference purposes only; always consult your destination country's consulate website for the latest and most accurate information on visa requirements. Visa requirements may be different for U.S. citizens and non-U.S. citizens.

Korea: Exchange students use the Certificate of Admission received from their Korean host university to obtain a student visa. Student visas (D-2 visas) are issued at Korean Consulates. Student visas can are typically processed within five working days. Required documents for the D-2 visa are (subject to change):

  • A valid passport
  • A completed visa application (see website below)
  • Passport size photo
  • fee
  • Admissions letter or certificate of registration issued by the president of the college or university.
  • Certificate of bank balance.
  • A copy of Diploma or the most recent school transcript
Upon arrival in Korea, students who will be staying for more than 90 days must obtain a Certificate of Alien Registration from the Seoul Immigration Office.










Interactive MIX Map