Skip to main content

Inha University

Inha University


Incheon, KOREA


Open to undergraduate students of all majors.

  • Inha is an especially good fit Engineering students!
  • Academic areas at Inha: Engineering (mechanical, chemical & biological, nano-systems, materials, civil, environmental, architectural, and energy resources), Information, Technology, Natural Sciences, Economics & International Trade, Business, Education, Law, Social Sciences, Humanities, Human Ecology, Medicine, Arts & Sports.
  • Students are also recommended to take Korean Language Courses while at Inha (basic, intermediate, and advanced classes are offered). Students who are already proficient in Korean may take regular university courses taught in Korean.
  • Note to Business Students: This university is AACSB accredited.
  • Explore Academics at Inha University


Yes - Courses offered in English can be found at Click on 'English' (upper right), select 'Course Schedule', then select 'foreign language' from the drop-down menu bar.


Fall Semester Early September - mid December
Spring Semester Early March - mid June
Year Students may study at Inha for two consecutive semesters, starting in the fall or spring.
Summer See MIX Summer Programs for dates.


Exchange students are guaranteed on-campus housing at Inha. Students may live in either of two on-campus residence halls: Woongbijae & Biryongjae (both dorms have four students per room).
Arrange your own housing
Students may also choose to live off-campus, in boarding houses or rentals close to the University.


TUITION - MIX students register as full-time students at UH Manoa and pay regular UHM tuition & fees.  Your tuition category (Resident, Non-Resident, WUE, etc., stays the same). You do not pay overseas tuition. 

LIVING EXPENSES - In addition to paying UHM tuition, you are responsible for all living and travel expenses during your international exchange. Below are estimates of these expenses, for planning purposes only. Amounts listed below are for one semester, and will vary based on your individual needs and choices, as well as foreign exchange rate fluctuations.       

FINANCIAL AID - Since you are still a registered UHM student while on MIX, you continue to be eligible to receive financial aid and scholarships.  If you submit a ‘MIX Student Budget for Financial Aid Purposes’ form, UHM financial aid will take into consideration your overseas living and travel expenses when awarding your grants/loans. More info on Financial Aid & Scholarships for MIX   


What is a visa? A visa is an official stamp or document affixed within your passport that has been issued by a foreign government granting permission for entry into the country for a specific purpose.

MIX Students: It is your responsibility to obtain a student visa, if required. The information below is provided for reference purposes only; always consult your destination country's consulate website for the latest and most accurate information on visa requirements. Visa requirements may be different for U.S. citizens and non-U.S. citizens.

Korea: Exchange students use the Certificate of Admission received from their Korean host university to obtain a student visa. Student visas (D-2 visas) are issued at Korean Consulates. Student visas can are typically processed within five working days. Required documents for the D-2 visa are (subject to change):

  • A valid passport
  • A completed visa application (see website below)
  • Passport size photo
  • fee
  • Admissions letter or certificate of registration issued by the president of the college or university.
  • Certificate of bank balance.
  • A copy of Diploma or the most recent school transcript
Upon arrival in Korea, students who will be staying for more than 90 days must obtain a Certificate of Alien Registration from the Seoul Immigration Office.










Interactive MIX Map