Skip to main content

Ewha Womans University

Ewha Womans University


Seoul, KOREA


Open to undergraduate and graduate students in all majors. Despite the university's name, this program is co-educational.

  • Academic areas at Ewha: Korean language coures are offered to all exchange students free of charge at the Ewha Language Center. Asian and Korean Studies courses are available, as well as courses taught in English in Art & Design, Art History, Business, Economics, Geography, Ideology & Culture, International Studies, Literature, Media Studies, Music, Politics, Psychology, Religion, Social Welfare, Sociology, and Women's Studies. Students with advanced proficiency may take courses taught in Korean. Please note that exchange students may be restricted from taking certain courses in Education, Art, Music, and the Graduate School of Business Administration.
  • Note to Business Students: This university is AACSB accredited.
  • Explore Ewha's undergraduate academic areas
  • Explore Ewha's graduate academic areas
  • Ewha Buddy Program: The buddy program matches visiting exchange students with local Ewha students. Before you come to Ewha, selected buddies will contact you via e-mail. Their activities are devoted to helping international students with their cultural immersion experiences and education at Ewha. Ewha buddies also organize their own programs to provide students with cultural experiences to make their stay in Seoul more memorable and exciting. The programs include welcoming parties, viewing Korean arts, dance and music performances by renowned Korean artists and dancers; dance the night away at one of the exciting night club; excursion to suburbs of Seoul; visit to historic sites in Seoul and its vicinity; weekend trip to explore Korea and so forth; farewell parties. Buddies also help international students to register the courses and other surviving hints they need on campus and in Korea as well.
  • Student Clubs: There are lots of clubs that exchange students can join as a means by which to get involved and make new friends.


Yes - Approximately 150 undergraduate courses taught in English are offered at Ewha. The Graduate School of International Studies and the School of Business also offer courses taught in English.


Fall Semester Early September - mid December
Spring Semester Early March - mid June
Year Students may study at Ewha for two consecutive semesters, starting in the fall or spring.
Summer See MIX Summer Programs for dates.


Ewha has three new dormitories which will provide exchange students an opportunity to experience various cultures with students from over 50 countries. Ewha dormitory accommodates approximately 1,500 students and has common-use facilities for academic, recreational, and cultural activities. Single or Double rooms are available. On-campus housing is available on a first come, first served basis. There are several cafeterias on campus.
Arrange your own housing
Students may also choose to live off-campus in private boarding houses near the Ewha campus.


TUITION - MIX students register as full-time students at UH Manoa and pay regular UHM tuition & fees.  Your tuition category (Resident, Non-Resident, WUE, etc., stays the same). You do not pay overseas tuition. 

LIVING EXPENSES - In addition to paying UHM tuition, you are responsible for all living and travel expenses during your international exchange. Below are estimates of these expenses, for planning purposes only. Amounts listed below are for one semester, and will vary based on your individual needs and choices, as well as foreign exchange rate fluctuations.   

FINANCIAL AID - Since you are still a registered UHM student while on MIX, you continue to be eligible to receive financial aid and scholarships.  If you submit a ‘MIX Student Budget for Financial Aid Purposes’ form, UHM financial aid will take into consideration your overseas living and travel expenses when awarding your grants/loans. More info on Financial Aid & Scholarships for MIX


What is a visa? A visa is an official stamp or document affixed within your passport that has been issued by a foreign government granting permission for entry into the country for a specific purpose.

MIX Students: It is your responsibility to obtain a student visa, if required. The information below is provided for reference purposes only; always consult your destination country's consulate website for the latest and most accurate information on visa requirements. Visa requirements may be different for U.S. citizens and non-U.S. citizens.

Korea: Exchange students use the Certificate of Admission received from their Korean host university to obtain a student visa. Student visas (D-2 visas) are issued at Korean Consulates. Student visas can are typically processed within five working days. Required documents for the D-2 visa are (subject to change):

  • A valid passport
  • A completed visa application (see website below)
  • Passport size photo
  • fee
  • Admissions letter or certificate of registration issued by the president of the college or university.
  • Certificate of bank balance.
  • A copy of Diploma or the most recent school transcript
Upon arrival in Korea, students who will be staying for more than 90 days must obtain a Certificate of Alien Registration from the Seoul Immigration Office.










Interactive MIX Map