Skip to main content

Chung-Ang University

Chung-Ang University


Seoul, KOREA


Open to undergraduate and graduate students in all majors.

  • Academic areas at Chung-Ang: Korean Studies courses taught in English are offered specifically for exchange students. Undergraduates may take courses taught in English in Education, Korean Studies, Liberal Arts, Business Administration, Natural Sciences, and Engineering. Graduates may take courses taught in English at the Graduate School of International Studies. Students who already have advanced proficiency in Korean may take regular university courses taught in Korean.


Yes - a very large number of undergraduate and graduate courses taught in English are offered at CAU. Areas include Education, Korean Studies, Liberal Arts, Business Administration, Natural Sciences, and Engineering. CAU Courses taught in English


Fall Semester Early September - mid December
Spring Semester Early March - mid June (optional International Winter Program late January to mid-February)
Year Students may study at Chung-Ang University for two consecutive semesters, starting in the fall or spring.
Summer See MIX Summer Programs for dates.


Exchange students may live in on-campus dormitories at CAU (double rooms).


TUITION - MIX students register as full-time students at UH Manoa and pay regular UHM tuition & fees.  Your tuition category (Resident, Non-Resident, WUE, etc., stays the same). You do not pay overseas tuition. 

LIVING EXPENSES - In addition to paying UHM tuition, you are responsible for all living and travel expenses during your international exchange. Below are estimates of these expenses, for planning purposes only. Amounts listed below are for one semester, and will vary based on your individual needs and choices, as well as foreign exchange rate fluctuations.       

Scholarship Note: UHM students may apply for Chung-Ang University's Dragon A Scholarship, which provides a monthly stipend of approximately $480 to cover living and personal expenses when students participate in an on-campus internship (12 hours per week).

FINANCIAL AID - Since you are still a registered UHM student while on MIX, you continue to be eligible to receive financial aid and scholarships.  If you submit a ‘MIX Student Budget for Financial Aid Purposes’ form, UHM financial aid will take into consideration your overseas living and travel expenses when awarding your grants/loans. More info on Financial Aid & Scholarships for MIX   

View cost estimates on Chung-Ang website


What is a visa? A visa is an official stamp or document affixed within your passport that has been issued by a foreign government granting permission for entry into the country for a specific purpose.

MIX Students: It is your responsibility to obtain a student visa, if required. The information below is provided for reference purposes only; always consult your destination country's consulate website for the latest and most accurate information on visa requirements. Visa requirements may be different for U.S. citizens and non-U.S. citizens.

Korea: Exchange students use the Certificate of Admission received from their Korean host university to obtain a student visa. Student visas (D-2 visas) are issued at Korean Consulates. Student visas can are typically processed within five working days. Required documents for the D-2 visa are (subject to change):

  • A valid passport
  • A completed visa application (see website below)
  • Passport size photo
  • fee
  • Admissions letter or certificate of registration issued by the president of the college or university.
  • Certificate of bank balance.
  • A copy of Diploma or the most recent school transcript
Upon arrival in Korea, students who will be staying for more than 90 days must obtain a Certificate of Alien Registration from the Seoul Immigration Office.










Interactive MIX Map