Skip to main content

Universitas Islam Indonesia



Yogyakarta, East Java, INDONESIA


Open to undergraduate and graduate students in all majors.

  • Academic areas at UII: Exchange students may take courses in the International Program (IP), which offers programs of study in Economics, Accounting, and Management.


Yes - The Faculty of Economics has an International Program that offers courses taught in English. There are three programs of study: Economics, Accounting, and Managament. Additionally, some courses in engineering may be taught in English.


Spring Semester March - July (tentative)
Year September - July (academic year)


Dormitories Student Housing Facilities are available.


TUITION - MIX students register as full-time students at UH Manoa and pay regular UHM tuition & fees.  Your tuition category (Resident, Non-Resident, WUE, etc., stays the same). You do not pay overseas tuition. 

LIVING EXPENSES - In addition to paying UHM tuition, you are responsible for all living and travel expenses during your international exchange. Below are estimates of these expenses, for planning purposes only. Amounts listed below are for one semester, and will vary based on your individual needs and choices, as well as foreign exchange rate fluctuations.     

FINANCIAL AID - Since you are still a registered UHM student while on MIX, you continue to be eligible to receive financial aid and scholarships.  If you submit a ‘MIX Student Budget for Financial Aid Purposes’ form, UHM financial aid will take into consideration your overseas living and travel expenses when awarding your grants/loans. More info on Financial Aid & Scholarships for MIX 


What is a visa? A visa is an official stamp or document affixed within your passport that has been issued by a foreign government granting permission for entry into the country for a specific purpose.

MIX Students: It is your responsibility to obtain a student visa, if required. The information below is provided for reference purposes only; always consult your destination country's consulate website for the latest and most accurate information on visa requirements. Visa requirements may be different for U.S. citizens and non-U.S. citizens.

Indonesia: Exchange students will need to obtain a visa prior to departure for Indonesia. Exchange students going to Indonesia for one semester can apply for either a 'Socio Cultural Visit Visa (VKSB)' or a 'Limited Stay Permit Visa (VITAS)'. Students going to Indonesia for one academic year may apply for a 'Limited Stay Permit Visa (VITAS)'. Students in Hawaii may apply for their visa through the mail at the Consulate General of The Republic of Indonesia in Los Angeles. It is recommended to apply 2-3 months prior to departure.










Interactive MIX Map