Skip to main content

Universitas Gadjah Mada



Yogyakarta, INDONESIA


Open to undergraduate and graduate students in all majors.

  • Academic areas at UGM: There are international programs in Mathematics and Natural Sciences, Cultural Sciences, Social and Political Sciences, Law, Economics and Business, and Computer Science.
  • Explore UGM Courses for International Students


Yes - courses taught in English are offered in various academic areas.


Spring Semester Mid February - late June
Year Mid September - late June


Dormitories Separate accommodations are available for male and female students. Students can expect a short commute to campus (walk, bike, or bus).


TUITION - MIX students register as full-time students at UH Manoa and pay regular UHM tuition & fees.  Your tuition category (Resident, Non-Resident, WUE, etc., stays the same). You do not pay overseas tuition. 

LIVING EXPENSES - In addition to paying UHM tuition, you are responsible for all living and travel expenses during your international exchange. Below are estimates of these expenses, for planning purposes only. Amounts listed below are for one semester, and will vary based on your individual needs and choices, as well as foreign exchange rate fluctuations.    

More info on UGM Living Cost Estimates

FINANCIAL AID - Since you are still a registered UHM student while on MIX, you continue to be eligible to receive financial aid and scholarships.  If you submit a ‘MIX Student Budget for Financial Aid Purposes’ form, UHM financial aid will take into consideration your overseas living and travel expenses when awarding your grants/loans. More info on Financial Aid & Scholarships for MIX 


What is a visa? A visa is an official stamp or document affixed within your passport that has been issued by a foreign government granting permission for entry into the country for a specific purpose.

MIX Students: It is your responsibility to obtain a student visa, if required. The information below is provided for reference purposes only; always consult your destination country's consulate website for the latest and most accurate information on visa requirements. Visa requirements may be different for U.S. citizens and non-U.S. citizens.

Indonesia: Exchange students will need to obtain a visa prior to departure for Indonesia. Exchange students going to Indonesia for one semester can apply for either a 'Socio Cultural Visit Visa (VKSB)' or a 'Limited Stay Permit Visa (VITAS)'. Students going to Indonesia for one academic year may apply for a 'Limited Stay Permit Visa (VITAS)'. Students in Hawaii may apply for their visa through the mail at the Consulate General of The Republic of Indonesia in Los Angeles. It is recommended to apply 2-3 months prior to departure.










Interactive MIX Map