Skip to main content

BINUS University

BINUS University




Open to undergraduate students in all majors.

  • Academic areas at BINUS: Exchange students take courses in BINUS International. Subject areas include: Accounting, Multi-media & Design, Computer Engineering, Fashion design & Management, Marketing & Entrepreneurship, Arts & Literature, Tourism & Hospitality, Business & Information Systems, Communication & Journalism, Anthropology, Sociology, Economics, Indonesian Arts & Culture, Film, Creative Writing, Mathematics, and more.


Yes - All courses in BINUS International are taught in English.


Spring Semester March - July
Year September - July (academic year)


Exchange students may apply for a single or double room in BINUS Square, a Hall of Residence. The Square has a lounge, coffee shop, cafeteria, reading room, gym, swimming pool, games room, and minimart. There is a free shuttle that takes students from the Square to the Syahdan Campus.


TUITION - MIX students register as full-time students at UH Manoa and pay regular UHM tuition & fees.  Your tuition category (Resident, Non-Resident, WUE, etc., stays the same). You do not pay overseas tuition. 

LIVING EXPENSES - In addition to paying UHM tuition, you are responsible for all living and travel expenses during your international exchange. Below are estimates of these expenses, for planning purposes only. Amounts listed below are for one semester, and will vary based on your individual needs and choices, as well as foreign exchange rate fluctuations.     

FINANCIAL AID - Since you are still a registered UHM student while on MIX, you continue to be eligible to receive financial aid and scholarships.  If you submit a ‘MIX Student Budget for Financial Aid Purposes’ form, UHM financial aid will take into consideration your overseas living and travel expenses when awarding your grants/loans. More info on Financial Aid & Scholarships for MIX  


What is a visa? A visa is an official stamp or document affixed within your passport that has been issued by a foreign government granting permission for entry into the country for a specific purpose.

MIX Students: It is your responsibility to obtain a student visa, if required. The information below is provided for reference purposes only; always consult your destination country's consulate website for the latest and most accurate information on visa requirements. Visa requirements may be different for U.S. citizens and non-U.S. citizens.

Indonesia: Exchange students will need to obtain a visa prior to departure for Indonesia. Exchange students going to Indonesia for one semester can apply for either a 'Socio Cultural Visit Visa (VKSB)' or a 'Limited Stay Permit Visa (VITAS)'. Students going to Indonesia for one academic year may apply for a 'Limited Stay Permit Visa (VITAS)'. Students in Hawaii may apply for their visa through the mail at the Consulate General of The Republic of Indonesia in Los Angeles. It is recommended to apply 2-3 months prior to departure.










Interactive MIX Map