Skip to main content

WHU Otto Beisheim School of Management

WHU Otto Beisheim School of Management


Vallendar, GERMANY


Open to undergraduate and graduate students in Business only.

  • Academic areas at WHU: Business Administration, Finance, Management. WHU also offers free intensive German language courses for foreigners during the semester. 
  • Note to Business Students: This university is AACSB accredited.
  • WHU Online Course Guide
  • German Language Classes at WHU


Yes - 80% percent of the courses in the undergraduate program and 100% of the courses in the graduate programs are taught in English. 


Fall Semester Late August - late December
Spring Semester Early January - late April
Students may study at WHU for two consecutive semesters, starting in the fall or spring.
Summer See MIX Summer Programs for dates.


Students can apply to live in several campus residences.
Arrange your own housing
The WHU Housing Office can help you to find a private apartment.


TUITION - MIX students register as full-time students at UH Manoa and pay regular UHM tuition & fees.  Your tuition category (Resident, Non-Resident, WUE, etc., stays the same). You do not pay overseas tuition. 

LIVING EXPENSES - In addition to paying UHM tuition, you are responsible for all living and travel expenses during your international exchange. Below are estimates of these expenses, for planning purposes only. Amounts listed below are for one semester, and will vary based on your individual needs and choices, as well as foreign exchange rate fluctuations.      

FINANCIAL AID - Since you are still a registered UHM student while on MIX, you continue to be eligible to receive financial aid and scholarships.  If you submit a ‘MIX Student Budget for Financial Aid Purposes’ form, UHM financial aid will take into consideration your overseas living and travel expenses when awarding your grants/loans. More info on Financial Aid & Scholarships for MIX   


What is a visa? A visa is an official stamp or document affixed within your passport that has been issued by a foreign government granting permission for entry into the country for a specific purpose.

MIX Students: It is your responsibility to obtain a student visa, if required. The information below is provided for reference purposes only; always consult your destination country's consulate website for the latest and most accurate information on visa requirements. Visa requirements may be different for U.S. citizens and non-U.S. citizens.

Germany: U.S. citizens and students from some other nationalities (for example from Australia, Israel, Japan, Canada, Republic of Korea, New Zealand, and the European Union) do not need a visa prior to entering Germany.  However, all Non-EU citizens staying in Germany for more than 3 months must officially obtain a residence permit after arrival in Germany.  Germany is part of the Schengen Borders Agreement.










Interactive MIX Map