Skip to main content

University of Tübingen



Tübingen, GERMANY


Open to undergraduate and graduate students in all majors.

  • Academic areas at Tübingen: Business and Economics, Humanities, Natural Sciences, Social Sciences
  • Tübingen is an especially good fit for students interested in Asian Studies, Economics & Business, Education (teaching internships are available), American Studies, Social Sciences, Humanities, and Comparative Religions
  • Explore Academics at Tübingen




Spring Semester
Early April - late July ("Sommersemester"). Optional Language Preparatory course starts in March.
Year Early October - late July (academic year)
Summer See MIX Summer Programs for dates.


Students may apply for on-campus International Student Housing.


TUITION - MIX students register as full-time students at UH Manoa and pay regular UHM tuition & fees.  Your tuition category (Resident, Non-Resident, WUE, etc., stays the same). You do not pay overseas tuition. 

LIVING EXPENSES - In addition to paying UHM tuition, you are responsible for all living and travel expenses during your international exchange. Below are estimates of these expenses, for planning purposes only. Amounts listed below are for one semester, and will vary based on your individual needs and choices, as well as foreign exchange rate fluctuations.   

Scholarship Opportunity: Students going to Tübingen may apply for the Baden-Württemburg Scholarship (500-1500 Euros / month) to help with living expenses.

FINANCIAL AID - Since you are still a registered UHM student while on MIX, you continue to be eligible to receive financial aid and scholarships.  If you submit a ‘MIX Student Budget for Financial Aid Purposes’ form, UHM financial aid will take into consideration your overseas living and travel expenses when awarding your grants/loans. More info on Financial Aid & Scholarships for MIX


What is a visa? A visa is an official stamp or document affixed within your passport that has been issued by a foreign government granting permission for entry into the country for a specific purpose.

MIX Students: It is your responsibility to obtain a student visa, if required. The information below is provided for reference purposes only; always consult your destination country's consulate website for the latest and most accurate information on visa requirements. Visa requirements may be different for U.S. citizens and non-U.S. citizens.

Germany: U.S. citizens and students from some other nationalities (for example from Australia, Israel, Japan, Canada, Republic of Korea, New Zealand, and the European Union) do not need a visa prior to entering Germany.  However, all Non-EU citizens staying in Germany for more than 3 months must officially obtain a residence permit after arrival in Germany.  Germany is part of the Schengen Borders Agreement.










Interactive MIX Map