Skip to main content

Univ. of the South Pacific

University of the South Pacific


Suva, FIJI


Open to undergraduate students in all majors.




Fall Semester Mid July - mid November ("Semester 2")
Spring Semester

Mid February - mid June ("Semester 1")

Year Students may study at USP for two consecutive semesters, starting in the fall or spring.


Dormitories Premium (on campus flats and lodges), Standard (dorms and residence halls) are available.
Arrange your own housing Off-Campus flats and apartments are available.


TUITION - MIX students register as full-time students at UH Manoa and pay regular UHM tuition & fees.  Your tuition category (Resident, Non-Resident, WUE, etc., stays the same). You do not pay overseas tuition. 

LIVING EXPENSES - In addition to paying UHM tuition, you are responsible for all living and travel expenses during your international exchange. Below are estimates of these expenses, for planning purposes only. Amounts listed below are for one semester, and will vary based on your individual needs and choices, as well as foreign exchange rate fluctuations.     

FINANCIAL AID - Since you are still a registered UHM student while on MIX, you continue to be eligible to receive financial aid and scholarships.  If you submit a ‘MIX Student Budget for Financial Aid Purposes’ form, UHM financial aid will take into consideration your overseas living and travel expenses when awarding your grants/loans. More info on Financial Aid & Scholarships for MIX   


What is a visa? A visa is an official stamp or document affixed within your passport that has been issued by a foreign government granting permission for entry into the country for a specific purpose.

MIX Students: It is your responsibility to obtain a student visa, if required. The information below is provided for reference purposes only; always consult your destination country's consulate website for the latest and most accurate information on visa requirements. Visa requirements may be different for U.S. citizens and non-U.S. citizens.

Fiji: Exchange students need to apply for a study permit for Fiji. Apply for a study permit after you have been given an offer letter from your university in Fiji. To enter Fiji, you will need a passport valid for at least three months after your scheduled departure date from Fiji. You will also need proof that you have enough money to travel and that you have an onward or return ticket










Interactive MIX Map