Skip to main content

City Univ. of Hong Kong

City University of Hong Kong


Hong Kong, CHINA


Open to undergraduate Business majors only.

  • Academic areas at City U: Accounting, Management, Economics, Technology, Global Business, Marketing
  • Note to Business Students: This university is AACSB accredited.
  • Explore City University course listings
  • Optional internship opportunity with Absolute Internship. Internships are not for academic credit, and there are extra costs involved. Internships are to be taken alongside your full course load at City U.




Fall Semester Early September - late December
Spring Semester Mid January - late May
Year Students may study at City University for two consecutive semesters, starting in the fall or spring.


Dormitories City University has many on-campus Student Residence Halls.
Arrange your own housing Students may arrange off-campus accommodation.


TUITION - MIX students register as full-time students at UH Manoa and pay regular UHM tuition & fees.  Your tuition category (Resident, Non-Resident, WUE, etc., stays the same). You do not pay overseas tuition. 

LIVING EXPENSES - In addition to paying UHM tuition, you are responsible for all living and travel expenses during your international exchange. Below are estimates of these expenses, for planning purposes only. Amounts listed below are for one semester, and will vary based on your individual needs and choices, as well as foreign exchange rate fluctuations.    

FINANCIAL AID - Since you are still a registered UHM student while on MIX, you continue to be eligible to receive financial aid and scholarships.  If you submit a ‘MIX Student Budget for Financial Aid Purposes’ form, UHM financial aid will take into consideration your overseas living and travel expenses when awarding your grants/loans. More info on Financial Aid & Scholarships for MIX 


What is a visa? A visa is an official stamp or document affixed within your passport that has been issued by a foreign government granting permission for entry into the country for a specific purpose.

MIX Students: It is your responsibility to obtain a student visa, if required. The information below is provided for reference purposes only; always consult your destination country's consulate website for the latest and most accurate information on visa requirements. Visa requirements may be different for U.S. citizens and non-U.S. citizens.

Hong Kong: Exchange students need to apply for a student visa prior to departure for Hong Kong. Please refer to the Hong Kong Immigration Department website for details on obtaining a Hong Kong Visa for Study. Typically, exchange students apply for the student visa to Hong Kong through the international office at their overseas university.










Interactive MIX Map