Skip to main content

Chinese Univ. of Hong Kong

Chinese University of Hong Kong


Hong Kong, CHINA


Open to undergraduate and graduate students in all majors.

  • Academic areas at CUHK: Arts, Business Administration, Education, Engineering, Law, Science, Social Sciences, Sports Science and Physical Education, International Asian Studies Program (IASP). Chinese language courses are offered at the elementary, intermediate and advanced levels through the Yale-China Chinese Language Center.
  • Note to Business Students: This university is AACSB accredited.
  • Explore Academic Faculties at CUHK
  • Optional internship opportunity with Absolute Internship. Internships are not for academic credit, and there are extra costs involved. Internships are to be taken alongside your full course load at CUHK.


Yes - As CUHK is a multi-lingual university, English, Cantonese and Putonghua are used for instruction. Although the local students are Cantonese speakers, there are many courses that use English as a medium of instruction.


Fall Semester Early September - late November
Spring Semester Early January - late May
Students may study at CUHK for two consecutive semesters, starting in the fall or spring.
Summer See MIX Summer Programs for dates.


There are 21 undergraduate dormitories at CUHK. Exchange students will share a room with a foreign roommate.


TUITION - MIX students register as full-time students at UH Manoa and pay regular UHM tuition & fees.  Your tuition category (Resident, Non-Resident, WUE, etc., stays the same). You do not pay overseas tuition. 

LIVING EXPENSES - In addition to paying UHM tuition, you are responsible for all living and travel expenses during your international exchange. Below are estimates of these expenses, for planning purposes only. Amounts listed below are for one semester, and will vary based on your individual needs and choices, as well as foreign exchange rate fluctuations.     

FINANCIAL AID - Since you are still a registered UHM student while on MIX, you continue to be eligible to receive financial aid and scholarships.  If you submit a ‘MIX Student Budget for Financial Aid Purposes’ form, UHM financial aid will take into consideration your overseas living and travel expenses when awarding your grants/loans. More info on Financial Aid & Scholarships for MIX   


What is a visa? A visa is an official stamp or document affixed within your passport that has been issued by a foreign government granting permission for entry into the country for a specific purpose.

MIX Students: It is your responsibility to obtain a student visa, if required. The information below is provided for reference purposes only; always consult your destination country's consulate website for the latest and most accurate information on visa requirements. Visa requirements may be different for U.S. citizens and non-U.S. citizens.

Hong Kong: Exchange students need to apply for a student visa prior to departure for Hong Kong. Please refer to the Hong Kong Immigration Department website for details on obtaining a Hong Kong Visa for Study. Typically, exchange students apply for the student visa to Hong Kong through the international office at their overseas university.










Interactive MIX Map