Skip to main content

University of Technology Sydney

University of Technology, Sydney




Open to undergraduate and graduate students in all majors.

  • Academic areas at UTS: Business, Communication, Design, Architecture & Building, Education, Engineering, Information Technology, International Studies, Law, Health, Pharmacy, Science
  • Note to Business Students: This university is AACSB accredited.
  • Browse UTS Study Areas
  • Explore UTS Study Options and Subjects


Yes - English is the official language of instruction at UTS, and the primary language spoken in Australia.


Fall Semester Late July - late November ("2nd Semester")
Spring Semester Late February - Late June ("1st Semester")
Year Students may study at UTS for two consecutive semesters, starting in the fall or spring.


Dormitories Students may apply for on-campus housing through UTS Housing Services.
Arrange your own housing UTS Housing Services offers students assistance with finding off-campus housing.


TUITION - MIX students register as full-time students at UH Manoa and pay regular UHM tuition & fees.  Your tuition category (Resident, Non-Resident, WUE, etc., stays the same). You do not pay overseas tuition. 

LIVING EXPENSES - In addition to paying UHM tuition, you are responsible for all living and travel expenses during your international exchange. Below are estimates of these expenses, for planning purposes only. Amounts listed below are for one semester, and will vary based on your individual needs and choices, as well as foreign exchange rate fluctuations.      

FINANCIAL AID - Since you are still a registered UHM student while on MIX, you continue to be eligible to receive financial aid and scholarships.  If you submit a ‘MIX Student Budget for Financial Aid Purposes’ form, UHM financial aid will take into consideration your overseas living and travel expenses when awarding your grants/loans. More info on Financial Aid & Scholarships for MIX  


What is a visa? A visa is an official stamp or document affixed within your passport that has been issued by a foreign government granting permission for entry into the country for a specific purpose.

MIX Students: It is your responsibility to obtain a student visa, if required. The information below is provided for reference purposes only; always consult your destination country's consulate website for the latest and most accurate information on visa requirements. Visa requirements may be different for U.S. citizens and non-U.S. citizens.

Australia: Exchange students must apply for a student visa to Australia prior to departure. Once you receive an official electronic Confirmation of Enrollment (eCOE) from your host university in Australia, apply for a visa online at Australian Government Visa Services.










Interactive MIX Map