Skip to main content

Monash University

Monash University


Melbourne, AUSTRALIA

  • Monash has six campuses in Australia, most of which are located either in or around the Melbourne area: Berwick, Caulfield, Clayton, Gippsland, Parkville, and Peninsula.
  • Exchange students may also apply to study at the Monash University campus in Malaysia.
  • Campus Map: Monash University


Open to undergraduate and graduate students in all majors.


Yes - English is the official language of instruction at Monash University, and the primary language spoken in Australia.


Fall Semester Mid July - mid November ("2nd Semester")
Spring Semester Mid February - late June ("1st Semester")
Students may study at Monash University for two consecutive semesters, starting in the fall or spring.


Each campus has residence halls, flats, and apartments.
Arrange your own housing
Students may arrange their own off-campus housing in shared houses or apartments.
Off campus homestay accommodations are available.


TUITION - MIX students register as full-time students at UH Manoa and pay regular UHM tuition & fees.  Your tuition category (Resident, Non-Resident, WUE, etc., stays the same). You do not pay overseas tuition. 

LIVING EXPENSES - In addition to paying UHM tuition, you are responsible for all living and travel expenses during your international exchange. Below are estimates of these expenses, for planning purposes only. Amounts listed below are for one semester, and will vary based on your individual needs and choices, as well as foreign exchange rate fluctuations.    

View Monash University cost estimates

FINANCIAL AID - Since you are still a registered UHM student while on MIX, you continue to be eligible to receive financial aid and scholarships.  If you submit a ‘MIX Student Budget for Financial Aid Purposes’ form, UHM financial aid will take into consideration your overseas living and travel expenses when awarding your grants/loans. More info on Financial Aid & Scholarships for MIX    


What is a visa? A visa is an official stamp or document affixed within your passport that has been issued by a foreign government granting permission for entry into the country for a specific purpose.

MIX Students: It is your responsibility to obtain a student visa, if required. The information below is provided for reference purposes only; always consult your destination country's consulate website for the latest and most accurate information on visa requirements. Visa requirements may be different for U.S. citizens and non-U.S. citizens.

Australia: Exchange students must apply for a student visa to Australia prior to departure. Once you receive an official electronic Confirmation of Enrollment (eCOE) from your host university in Australia, apply for a visa online at Australian Government Visa Services.










Interactive MIX Map