Follow these instructions if you are currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program at your home university.
If you are in a combined BA/MA or integrated undergraduate/graduate degree program, and have not yet earned your bachelor's degree (or equivalent), please also follow these instructions.
Please submit the following application materials. Incomplete applications will be placed on hold until all items have been received.
STEP 1 - Apply to Home University for Nomination
- If you plan to attend UH Manoa as a Regular Exchange or Hoakipa student, you must first receive a nomination from your home university. Please inquire with your home university exchange office about nomination procudures. (Independent students do not need to be nominated and may go directly to Step 2, below.)
- Advisor Nomination Email - The exchange advisor at your home university must send a nomination email to email@example.com
STEP 2 - Complete Online Forms
- University of Hawai'i System Application
ALL APPLICANTS should select option #2, Undergraduate Transfer.
- ONLY Hoakipa and Independent students must pay the application fee and submit online.
Regular Exchange students (those who will be exempted from UHM tuition) do NOT have to pay the application fee. Do NOT enter your credit card information or submit the application online. Instead, Save your application, then email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know your Login ID. We will then manually forward your application to Admissions without payment. **NOTE**: If you accidentally pay the application fee, it CANNOT be refunded.
STEP 3 - Email Supporting Documents
- Official University Transcript(s) in English from ALL universities you have attended. Must be sent from a home university exchange advisor's email account (not from a student's personal account).
- High School transcripts are NOT required.
- Applicants' transcripts must show completion of 24 or more credits. English language classes are excluded, as they are not recognized as UH-transferable. Applicants who have completed fewer than 24 credits must also submit a list of their 'in-progress' courses, if these courses do not appear on the transcript.
- Copy of your TOEFL Score Report (or equivalent), if applicable
- Supplementary Information Form for Undergraduate International Applicants (Note: U.S. citizens only need to complete Section A - Educational Information.)
- Copy of student's valid Passport identification page
|Fall Admission (August):||Spring Admission (January):|
We strongly encourage you to submit ALL application materials by the Priority Deadline. Applications received after the Priority Deadline may be subject to processing delays.
Applications will NOT be accepted after the application is closed.