Follow these instructions if you are currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program at your home university.
If you are in a combined BA/MA or integrated undergraduate/graduate degree program, and have not yet earned your bachelor's degree (or equivalent), please also follow these instructions.
Please submit the following application materials. Incomplete applications will be placed on hold until all items have been received.
STEP 1 - Complete online forms
- MIX Online Application for Inbound Students - FALL 2016 APPLICATION IS CLOSED - PLEASE CHECK BACK ON JULY 1 FOR SPRING 2017 APPLICATION
- University of Hawai'i System Application - FALL 2016 APPLICATION IS CLOSED - PLEASE CHECK BACK ON JULY 1 FOR SPRING 2017 APPLICATION
Exchange students should select option #2, Undergraduate Transfer.
- Hoakipa and Independent students must pay the application fee.
Exchange students who do not pay UHM tuition do not have to pay the application fee. Do not enter your credit card information or submit the application. Instead, Save your application, then email email@example.com to let us know your Login ID. We will forward your application without payment. NOTE: If you pay the application fee, it cannot be refunded.
- Advisor Nomination Email - Students from Exchange & Hoakipa Partner Universities must also be nominated to MIX by their home universities. Advisors should send a nomination email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Independent Exchange Students do not need to be nominated.
STEP 2 - Email supporting documents to email@example.com
- Official University Transcript(s) in English from all universities you have attended. Must be sent from a university administrator's email account (not from a student account).
- High School transcripts are NOT required for exchange students.
- Applicants' transcripts must show completion of 24 or more credits. English language classes are excluded, as they are not recognized as UH-transferable. Applicants who have completed fewer than 24 credits must also submit a list of their 'in-progress' courses, if these courses do not appear on the transcript.
- Copy of your TOEFL Score Report (or equivalent), if applicable
- Supplementary Information Form for Undergraduate International Applicants (Note: U.S. citizens only need to complete Section A - Educational Information.)
- Copy of your valid Passport identification page
|Fall Admission (August):||Spring Admission (January):|
We strongly encourage you to submit ALL application materials by the Priority Deadline. Applications received after the Priority Deadline may be subject to processing delays.
Applications will NOT be accepted after the application is closed.