Skip to main content




Chulalongkorn University Campus Map


Open to undergraduate students in all majors. Chulalongkorn is an especially good university for UHM Architecture students!

Academic Areas: Architecture, Language & Culture, Business, Communication, Economics, Engineering, Psychology, Chemistry

5-week Intensive Thai language courses are available to exchange students for an extra cost.


Yes - Courses taught in English are offered in many faculties and schools at Chulalongkorn University.


Fall Semester Early August - mid December
Spring Semester Early January - mid May
Students may study at Chulalongkorn for two consecutive semesters, starting in the fall or spring.

Chulalongkorn University Academic Calendar Note: The calendar for International Curriculum (above) is different from the calendar for Regular Curriculum.


Exchange students may live in on-campus dormitories, which can be rented for a very reasonable rate. Options include the Suksit Nives International House (single or double rooms), and the U-Center (single or double rooms).

More information on Housing Accommodations


TUITION - MIX students register as full-time students at UH Manoa and pay regular UHM tuition & fees.  Your tuition category (Resident, Non-Resident, WUE, etc., stays the same). You do not pay overseas tuition. 

LIVING EXPENSES - You are responsible for all living expenses, including health insurance, books/supplies, room & meals, personal expenses, airfare, local transportation, and any costs associated with obtaining a visa (if applicable). Below are estimates for planning purposes only; amounts are listed per semester, and will vary based on your individual needs.    

  • Health Insurance: $200-400
  • Books & Supplies: $100-200
  • Room & Meals: $2,000-3,200
  • Personal Expenses: $1,000-2,000
  • Airfare & Local Transportation: $1,600-2,400
  • Visa Expenses: $200-260
  • Other (school uniform): $80-200

FINANCIAL AID - Since you are still a registered UHM student while on MIX, you continue to be eligible to receive financial aid and scholarships.  If you submit a ‘MIX Student Budget for Financial Aid Purposes’ form, UHM financial aid will take into consideration your overseas living and travel expenses when awarding your grants/loans. More info on Financial Aid & Scholarships for MIX   


School Uniforms: International students who are registered at undergraduate level (both regular and international programs) are requested to wear university uniforms in accordance with university rules.

Visa Information: Exchange students will need to apply for a multi-entry Non-immigrant visa, type ED. You can apply for your visa through the mail (Washington D.C. Consulate), or by visiting The Royal Thai Consulate-General in Honolulu. Processing time is about 2-3 weeks.

Required documents include a valid passport (must be valid for at least 6 months after the end of your stay), two passport-size photos, an application form, an official acceptance letter from your Thai host university, a copy of your airline ticket, a visa fee (approx. $200, subject to change), and a self-addressed stamped return envelope. See the Royal Thai Embassy website for details.

The Royal Thai Consulate-General in Honolulu:
Honorary Consul-General, Mr. Colin Miyabara
866 Iwilei Road, Room 201
Honolulu, HI 96817
Tel: (808) 524-7787, Hotline (808) 218-8803


MIX by Major


Financial Aid & Scholarships


Outbound FAQs


Pre-Departure Information


Returnee Information


Apply Now

Chulalongkorn University Chulalongkorn University