Skip to main content



Seoul, KOREA

Exchange students take classes at the Sinchon Campus and the International Campus.

MIX Korea Map


Open to undergraduate and graduate students in all majors.

Academic areas: Exchange students take a 6-credit Korean language course (beginning, intermediate, or advanced). Additionally, they may take courses offered at the university - either courses taught in English, or, if students already have more advanced proficiency in Korean, they may take courses taught in Korean.

Note to Business Students: This university is AACSB accredited.

Academics at Yonsei University


Yes - Yonsei University is striving to offer as many English-taught courses as possible for those come from various departments. Departments with a higher number of courses taught in English are: Korean Studies, Business, Economics, Electrical Engineering, Architectural Engineering, Civil & Environmental Engineering, Comparative Literature, International Studies (Underwood International College), and Political Science.

To browse courses taught in English, visit the Yonsei Portal and select 'Course Catalog & Syllabus: Undergraduate & Graduate."



Fall Semester Late August - mid December
Spring Semester Late February - mid June
Year Students may study at Yonsei University for two consecutive semesters, starting in the fall or spring.
Summer See MIX Summer Programs for dates.

Yonsei University Academic Calendar


Exchange students may live in either of two on-campus international houses: SK Global House and International House. Both have single and double occupancy rooms, plus shared kitchens, fitness center, study rooms, lounge areas, laundry rooms, and food court.
Arrange your own housing
Students may also live off-campus by arranging their own accommodations either with family or in boarding houses.
The Yonsei Homestay program offers students the opportunity to learn about Korean culture and its customs and values in a secure and friendly environment.   By living with a Korean family you will improve your Korean and get a thorough understanding of Korean life.

More information on Housing at Yonsei University

Yonsei University snacks and cafeterias


TUITION - MIX students register as full-time students at UH Manoa and pay regular UHM tuition & fees.  Your tuition category (Resident, Non-Resident, WUE, etc., stays the same). You do not pay overseas tuition. 

LIVING EXPENSES - You are responsible for all living expenses, including health insurance, books/supplies, room & meals, personal expenses, airfare, local transportation, and any costs associated with obtaining a visa (if applicable). Below are estimates for planning purposes only; amounts are listed per semester, and will vary based on your individual needs.    

  • Health Insurance: $200-400
  • Books & Supplies: $150-250
  • Room & Meals: $2,800-3,800
  • Personal Expenses: $1,400-2,400
  • Airfare & Local Transportation: $1,200-2,000
  • Visa Expenses: $45-65

FINANCIAL AID - Since you are still a registered UHM student while on MIX, you continue to be eligible to receive financial aid and scholarships.  If you submit a ‘MIX Student Budget for Financial Aid Purposes’ form, UHM financial aid will take into consideration your overseas living and travel expenses when awarding your grants/loans. More info on Financial Aid & Scholarships for MIX   


International Buddy Program: Yonsei University has organized the International Buddy Program for the purpose of promoting interaction between the international students and regular Yonsei students. Its aim is to help international students adjust to the new environment, as well as minimize feelings of loneliness or isolation that students might feel when they first arrive in a foreign country. International students can learn and experience the real Korean way first hand from their Yonsei buddies. Likewise, they can reciprocate to Yonsei students by introducing their own culture and lifestyle, thereby broadening the worldview of both students. 

Visa Information: Exchange students use the Certificate of Admission received from their Korean host university to obtain a student visa. Student visas (D-2 visas) are issued at Korean Consulates. Student visas can are typically processed within five working days. Required documents for the D-2 visa are:

  • A valid passport
  • A completed visa application (see website below)
  • Passport size photo
  • $45 fee (other fees apply to non-US citizens)
  • Admissions letter or certificate of registration issued by the president of the college or university.
  • Certificate of bank balance.
  • A copy of Diploma or the most recent school transcript.

Note: These requirements are subject to change. Always refer to the Consulate General of the Republic of Korea website for up to date information:

Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in Honolulu

Upon arrival in Korea, students who will be staying for more than 90 days must obtain a Certificate of Alien Registration from the Seoul Immigration Office.


MIX by Major


Financial Aid & Scholarships


Outbound FAQs


Pre-Departure Information


Returnee Information


Apply Now

Yonsei UniversityYonsei University