Skip to main content



Incheon, KOREA

Incheon is about a half hour ride from central Seoul, using public transportation. More information about Incheon

MIX Korea Map


Open to undergraduate students of all majors. Inha is an especially good fit Engineering students!

Academic areas: Engineering (mechanical, chemical & biological, nano-systems, materials, civil, environmental, architectural, and energy resources), Information, Technology, Natural Sciences, Economics & International Trade, Business, Education, Law, Social Sciences, Humanities, Human Ecology, Medicine, Arts & Sports.

Students are also recommended to take Korean Language Courses while at Inha (basic, intermediate, and advanced classes are offered). Students who are already proficient in Korean may take regular university courses taught in Korean.

Note to Business Students: This university is AACSB accredited.

Academic colleges at Inha University


Yes - Courses offered in English can be found at Click on 'English' (upper right), select 'Course Schedule', then select 'foreign language' from the drop-down menu bar.



Fall Semester Early September - mid December
Spring Semester Early March - mid June
Year Students may study at Inha for two consecutive semesters, starting in the fall or spring.
Summer See MIX Summer Programs for dates.

Inha University Academic Calendar


Exchange students are guaranteed on-campus housing at Inha. Students may live in either of two on-campus residence halls: Woongbijae & Biryongjae (both dorms have four students per room).
Arrange your own housing
Students may also choose to live off-campus, in boarding houses or rentals close to the University.

More information on Housing at Inha University


TUITION - MIX students register as full-time students at UH Manoa and pay regular UHM tuition & fees.  Your tuition category (Resident, Non-Resident, WUE, etc., stays the same). You do not pay overseas tuition. 

LIVING EXPENSES - You are responsible for all living expenses, including health insurance, books/supplies, room & meals, personal expenses, airfare, local transportation, and any costs associated with obtaining a visa (if applicable). Below are estimates for planning purposes only; amounts are listed per semester, and will vary based on your individual needs.    

  • Health Insurance: $200-400
  • Books & Supplies: $200-400
  • Room & Meals: $2,300-3,400
  • Personal Expenses: $1,500-2,500
  • Airfare & Local Transportation: $1,200-2,000
  • Visa Expenses: $45-65

FINANCIAL AID - Since you are still a registered UHM student while on MIX, you continue to be eligible to receive financial aid and scholarships.  If you submit a ‘MIX Student Budget for Financial Aid Purposes’ form, UHM financial aid will take into consideration your overseas living and travel expenses when awarding your grants/loans. More info on Financial Aid & Scholarships for MIX   


Visa Information: Exchange students use the Certificate of Admission received from their Korean host university to obtain a student visa. Student visas (D-2 visas) are issued at Korean Consulates. Student visas can are typically processed within five working days. Required documents for the D-2 visa are:

  • A valid passport
  • A completed visa application (see website below)
  • Passport size photo
  • $45 fee (other fees apply to non-US citizens)
  • Admissions letter or certificate of registration issued by the president of the college or university.
  • Certificate of bank balance.
  • A copy of Diploma or the most recent school transcript.

Note: These requirements are subject to change. Always refer to the Consulate General of the Republic of Korea website for up to date information:

Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in Honolulu

Upon arrival in Korea, students who will be staying for more than 90 days must obtain a Certificate of Alien Registration from the Seoul Immigration Office.


MIX by Major


Financial Aid & Scholarships


Outbound FAQs


Pre-Departure Information


Returnee Information


Apply Now

Inha UniversityInha University