Skip to main content



Seoul, KOREA

Ewha Campus Map

MIX Korea Map


Open to undergraduate and graduate students in all majors. Despite the university's name, this program is co-educational.

Academic areas: Korean language coures are offered to all exchange students free of charge at the Ewha Language Center. Asian and Korean Studies courses are available, as well as courses taught in English in Art & Design, Art History, Business, Economics, Geography, Ideology & Culture, International Studies, Literature, Media Studies, Music, Politics, Psychology, Religion, Social Welfare, Sociology, and Women's Studies. Students with advanced proficiency may take courses taught in Korean. Please note that exchange students may be restricted from taking certain courses in Education, Art, Music, and the Graduate School of Business Administration.

Note to Business Students: This university is AACSB accredited.

View all undergraduate academic areas

View all graduate academic areas


Yes - Approximately 150 undergraduate courses taught in English are offered at Ewha. The Graduate School of International Studies and the School of Business also offer courses taught in English.


Fall Semester Early September - mid December
Spring Semester Early March - mid June
Year Students may study at Ewha for two consecutive semesters, starting in the fall or spring.
Summer See MIX Summer Programs for dates.

Ewha Womans University Academic Calendar


Ewha has three new dormitories which will provide exchange students an opportunity to experience various cultures with students from over 50 countries. Ewha dormitory accommodates approximately 1,500 students and has common-use facilities for academic, recreational, and cultural activities. Single or Double rooms are available. On-campus housing is available on a first come, first served basis. There are several cafeterias on campus.
Arrange your own housing
Students may also choose to live off-campus in private boarding houses near the Ewha campus.

More information on Housing at Ewha


TUITION - MIX students register as full-time students at UH Manoa and pay regular UHM tuition & fees.  Your tuition category (Resident, Non-Resident, WUE, etc., stays the same). You do not pay overseas tuition. 

LIVING EXPENSES - You are responsible for all living expenses, including health insurance, books/supplies, room & meals, personal expenses, airfare, local transportation, and any costs associated with obtaining a visa (if applicable). Below are estimates for planning purposes only; amounts are listed per semester, and will vary based on your individual needs.    

  • Health Insurance: $200-400
  • Books & Supplies: $150-250
  • Room & Meals: $2,600-3,800
  • Personal Expenses: $1,400-2,400
  • Airfare & Local Transportation: $1,200-2,000
  • Visa Expenses: $45-65

FINANCIAL AID - Since you are still a registered UHM student while on MIX, you continue to be eligible to receive financial aid and scholarships.  If you submit a ‘MIX Student Budget for Financial Aid Purposes’ form, UHM financial aid will take into consideration your overseas living and travel expenses when awarding your grants/loans. More info on Financial Aid & Scholarships for MIX   


Ewha Buddy Program: The buddy program matches visiting exchange students with local Ewha students. Before you come to Ewha, selected buddies will contact you via e-mail. Their activities are devoted to helping international students with their cultural immersion experiences and education at Ewha. 

Ewha buddies also organize their own programs to provide students with cultural experiences to make their stay in Seoul more memorable and exciting. The programs include welcoming parties, viewing Korean arts, dance and music performances by renowned Korean artists and dancers; dance the night away at one of the exciting night club; excursion to suburbs of Seoul; visit to historic sites in Seoul and its vicinity; weekend trip to explore Korea and so forth; farewell parties. Buddies also help international students to register the courses and other surviving hints they need on campus and in Korea as well.

Student Clubs: There are lots of clubs that exchange students can join as a means by which to get involved and make new friends. Check out Ewha Clubs.

Visa Information: Exchange students use the Certificate of Admission received from their Korean host university to obtain a student visa. Student visas (D-2 visas) are issued at Korean Consulates. Student visas can are typically processed within five working days. Required documents for the D-2 visa are:

  • A valid passport
  • A completed visa application (see website below)
  • Passport size photo
  • $45 fee (other fees apply to non-US citizens)
  • Admissions letter or certificate of registration issued by the president of the college or university.
  • Certificate of bank balance.
  • A copy of Diploma or the most recent school transcript.

Note: These requirements are subject to change. Always refer to the Consulate General of the Republic of Korea website for up to date information:

Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in Honolulu

Upon arrival in Korea, students who will be staying for more than 90 days must obtain a Certificate of Alien Registration from the Seoul Immigration Office.


MIX by Major


Financial Aid & Scholarships


Outbound FAQs


Pre-Departure Information


Returnee Information


Apply Now


Ewha Womans UniversityEwha Womans University