Skip to main content



Yogyakarta, INDONESIA

UGM Campus Map


Open to undergraduate and graduate students in all majors.

Academic areas: There are international programs in Mathematics and Natural Sciences, Cultural Sciences, Social and Political Sciences, Law, Economics and Business, and Computer Science.

More information on UGM Courses for International Students


Yes - courses taught in English are offered in various academic areas.



Spring Semester Mid February - late June
Year Mid September - late June

UGM Academic Calendar


Dormitories Separate accommodations are available for male and female students. Students can expect a short commute to campus (walk, bike, or bus).

More info on UGM Accommodations


TUITION - MIX students register as full-time students at UH Manoa and pay regular UHM tuition & fees.  Your tuition category (Resident, Non-Resident, WUE, etc., stays the same). You do not pay overseas tuition. 

LIVING EXPENSES - You are responsible for all living expenses, including health insurance, books/supplies, room & meals, personal expenses, airfare, local transportation, and any costs associated with obtaining a visa (if applicable). Below are estimates for planning purposes only; amounts are listed per semester, and will vary based on your individual needs.    

  • Health Insurance: $200-400
  • Books & Supplies: $200-400
  • Room & Meals: $3,600-4,000
  • Personal Expenses: $1,000-1,500
  • Airfare & Local Transportation: $1,300-2,000
  • Visa Expenses: $410-510

More info on UGM Living Cost Estimates

FINANCIAL AID - Since you are still a registered UHM student while on MIX, you continue to be eligible to receive financial aid and scholarships.  If you submit a ‘MIX Student Budget for Financial Aid Purposes’ form, UHM financial aid will take into consideration your overseas living and travel expenses when awarding your grants/loans. More info on Financial Aid & Scholarships for MIX   


Visa Information: Exchange students will need to obtain a visa prior to departure for Indonesia. Students in Hawaii may apply for their visa through the mail at the Consulate General of The Republic of Indonesia in Los Angeles. You will need to mail your passport, fee, and all other documents required by the Consulate. It is recommended to apply 2-3 months prior to departure.

Exchange students going to Indonesia for one semester can apply for either a 'Socio Cultural Visit Visa (VKSB)' or a 'Limited Stay Permit Visa (VITAS)'. Students going to Indonesia for one academic year should apply for a 'Limited Stay Permit Visa (VITAS)'.


MIX by Major


Financial Aid & Scholarships


Outbound FAQs


Pre-Departure Information


Returnee Information


Apply Now