Skip to main content



Suva, FIJI

Laucala Campus Map


Open to undergraduate students in all majors.

Academic areas: Arts, Law, Education, Business & Economics, Hospitality & Tourism Management, Science, Technology, Environment

Academic Programs and Courses at USP




Fall Semester Mid July - mid November ("Semester 2")
Spring Semester

Mid February - mid June ("Semester 1")

Year Students may study at USP for two consecutive semesters, starting in the fall or spring.

USP Academic Calendar


Dormitories Premium (on campus flats and lodges), Standard (dorms and residence halls) are available.
Arrange your own housing Off-Campus flats and apartments are available.

USP Housing


TUITION - MIX students register as full-time students at UH Manoa and pay regular UHM tuition & fees.  Your tuition category (Resident, Non-Resident, WUE, etc., stays the same). You do not pay overseas tuition. 

LIVING EXPENSES - You are responsible for all living expenses, including health insurance, books/supplies, room & meals, personal expenses, airfare, local transportation, and any costs associated with obtaining a visa (if applicable). Below are estimates for planning purposes only; amounts are listed per semester, and will vary based on your individual needs.    

  • Health Insurance: $200-400
  • Books & Supplies: $100-300
  • Room & Meals: $3,800-5,000
  • Personal Expenses: $1,000-1,500
  • Airfare & Local Transportation: $3,000-3,600
  • Visa Expenses: $130-160

FINANCIAL AID - Since you are still a registered UHM student while on MIX, you continue to be eligible to receive financial aid and scholarships.  If you submit a ‘MIX Student Budget for Financial Aid Purposes’ form, UHM financial aid will take into consideration your overseas living and travel expenses when awarding your grants/loans. More info on Financial Aid & Scholarships for MIX   

View USP Cost of Living Estimates


On-Site Support: The International Students Office has five staff that are dedicated to providing the best student support services, from academic counseling to personal matters.

Visa Information: As an international student, you will need a study permit to study in Fiji. Students are advised NOT to apply for a study permit through the Fijian consulate in your home country. Visit the Embassy of Fiji website for the most current visa information.

To enter Fiji, you will need a passport valid for at least three months after your scheduled departure date from Fiji. You will also need proof that you have enough money to travel and that you have an onward or return ticket.

Study permits should only be applied for AFTER you have been given an offer letter from the university. Applying for a study permit without an offer letter does NOT guarantee admission to the university. For more information on applying for a study permit, please see the USP Visas and Immigration page.


MIX by Major


Financial Aid & Scholarships


Outbound FAQs


Pre-Departure Information


Returnee Information


Apply Now