Skip to main content



Melbourne, AUSTRALIA

La Trobe University Melbourne Campus Map (also called "Bundoora Campus")

La Trobe University's other campuses


Open to undergraduate and graduate students in all majors.

Academic areas: Humanities, Management, Education, Science, Engineering, Technology, Health Sciences, Social Sciences

Academic Faculties at La Trobe

A-Z Study Options at La Trobe


Yes - English is the official language of instruction at Deakin university, and the primary language spoken in Australia.


Fall Semester Mid July - mid November ("2nd Semester")
Spring Semester Mid February - Late June ("1st Semester")
Students may study at La Trobe University for two consecutive semesters, starting in the fall or spring.

La Trobe University Academic Calendar

La Trobe University Academic Calendar (detailed)


Dormitories On-campus residences (undergraduate & graduate)
Arrange your own housing
Students may arrange their own shared house or apartment.

On-campus housing in Melbourne

Top Ten Reasons to Live On-Campus at La Trobe

Off-campus housing in Melbourne


TUITION - MIX students register as full-time students at UH Manoa and pay regular UHM tuition & fees.  Your tuition category (Resident, Non-Resident, WUE, etc., stays the same). You do not pay overseas tuition. 

LIVING EXPENSES - You are responsible for all living expenses, including health insurance, books/supplies, room & meals, personal expenses, airfare, local transportation, and any costs associated with obtaining a visa (if applicable). Below are estimates for planning purposes only; amounts are listed per semester, and will vary based on your individual needs.    

  • Health Insurance: $200-400
  • Books & Supplies: $200 - 500
  • Room & Meals: $6,000-8,000
  • Personal Expenses: $2,000 - 2,500
  • Airfare & Local Transportation: $1,300 - 2,000
  • Visa Expenses: $500-600

View La Trobe University cost estimates

FINANCIAL AID - Since you are still a registered UHM student while on MIX, you continue to be eligible to receive financial aid and scholarships.  If you submit a ‘MIX Student Budget for Financial Aid Purposes’ form, UHM financial aid will take into consideration your overseas living and travel expenses when awarding your grants/loans. More info on Financial Aid & Scholarships for MIX  


Visa information: Exchange students can apply for a student visa to Australia once they receive their official electronic Confirmation of Enrollment (eCOE) from their host university in Australia. Use your eCOE to apply for a visa online at the Australian Government Department of Immigration and Citizenship website. The cost for an Australian visa is approximately $535 Australian dollars.

La Trobe University information on visas


MIX by Major


Financial Aid & Scholarships


Outbound FAQs


Pre-Departure Information


Returnee Information


Apply Now


La Trobe UniversityLa Trobe University