Academic Programs Annual Report Information
Will open on August 25, 2014.
All assessment coordinators will be notified.
2014 DEADLINE: Friday, October 10, 2014
RESOURCES FOR ACADEMIC PROGRAMS
- Consultations -- contact the Assessment Office
- Examples of completed reports
- Workshops (schedule and archive)
- Examples of curriculum maps
- List of people with login access
2014 QUESTIONS FOR ACADEMIC PROGRAMS
If you need help, contact the Assessment Office, 956-4283 or 956-6669.
- Below are the program student learning outcomes submitted last year. Please update as needed. NEW for undergraduate degree programs only: Indicate which program SLOs directly align with undergraduate institutional learning objectives (ILOs) by checking the appropriate box.
- Your program's SLOs were published as follows. Please update as needed.
[ ] Department Website. URL:
[ ] Student Handbook. URL, if available online:
[ ] Information Sheet, Flyer, or Brochure. URL, if available online:
[ ] UHM Catalog. Page Number:
[ ] Course Syllabi. URL, if available online:
[ ] Other:
[ ] Other:
- Select one option:
- Curriculum Map: Review, Add, Replace, or Delete
Curriculum map: A graphical illustration of the relationship between a program’s courses/requirements and the program’s student learning outcomes. Usually presented as a matrix/table.
- For your program, the percentage of courses that have course SLOs explicitly stated on the syllabus, a website, or other publicly available document is as follows. Please update as needed.
[ ] 100%
[ ] 81-99%
[ ] 51-80%
[ ] 1-50%
[ ] 0%
- Did your program engage in any program assessment activities between June 1, 2013 and September 30, 2014? (e.g., establishing/revising outcomes, aligning the curriculum to outcomes, collecting evidence, interpreting evidence, using results, revising the assessment plan, creating surveys or tests, etc.)
[ ] Yes
[ ] No (skip to question 14)
- For the period June 1, 2013 to September 30, 2014: State the assessment question(s) and/or goals of assessment activity. Include the SLOs that were targeted, if applicable.
What did the program want to find out (during the last 18 months)?
- State the type(s) of evidence gathered to answer the assessment question and/or meet the assessment goals that were given in Question #6.
To assess the outcome or answer the assessment question, what evidence was collected?
- State how many persons submitted evidence that was evaluated.
If applicable, please include the sampling technique used.
- Who interpreted or analyzed the evidence that was collected?
Check all that apply:
[ ] Course instructor(s)
[ ] Faculty committee
[ ] Ad hoc faculty group
[ ] Department chairperson
[ ] Persons or organization outside the university
[ ] Faculty advisor
[ ] Advisors (student support services)
[ ] Students (graduate or undergraduate)
[ ] Dean/Director
- How did they evaluate, analyze, or interpret the evidence?
What method was used to evaluate, analyze, or interpret the evidence?
Check all that apply:
[ ] Used a rubric or scoring guide
[ ] Scored exams/tests/quizzes
[ ] Used their professional judgment (no rubric or scoring guide used)
[ ] Compiled survey results
[ ] Used qualitative methods on interview, focus group, open-ended response data
[ ] External organization/person analyzed data (e.g., external organization administered and scored the nursing licensing exam)
- For the assessment question(s) and/or assessment goal(s) stated in Question #6: summarize the actual results.
- State how the program used the results or plans to use the results.
Please be specific.
- Beyond the results, were there additional conclusions or discoveries?
This can include insights about assessment procedures, teaching and learning, program aspects and so on.
- If the program did not engage in assessment activities, please explain.
Or, if the program did engage in assessment activities, please add any other important information here.
last update 04/21/2014