A maximum of 100 scholarships valued at $5,000 annually ($2,500/semester) will be awarded to high-achieving high school graduates who are entering the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa the Fall semester following their high school graduation. To be considered, students must meet the priority deadline for Fall admission, the Scholarship requirements, and be accepted to UH Mānoa. A separate application is required. Please review the requirements, application process, and term/renewal conditions.
Students meeting the following requirements are eligible to apply.
- A 3.5 cumulative high school grade point average as calculated by the UH Mānoa Office of Admissions.
- SAT scores or ACT scores (including the writing section).
- Evidence of superior academic achievement or creative endeavor.
- Record of academic, co-curricular, and community service activities.
- Graduate from high school.
Submit the following documents to the UH Mānoa Office of Admissions by January 5, 2014.
- UH Mānoa Undergraduate Application
- Scholarship Application [PDF]
- A personal statement [PDF] addressing the questions stated on the form.
- A resume [PDF] listing extra-curricular activities, community service, employment, special accomplishments, leadership roles, scholastic honors, or recognitions. You may submit your own resume in lieu of the resume pdf form. If you choose this option, please make sure to indicate the name of the scholarship on the resume in which you are applying for.
- Two letters of academic recommendation [PDF] from individuals knowledgeable of your academic performance and potential.
- Submit official high school transcript(s) and test scores to the UH Mānoa Office of Admissions.
A review of your application for the Mānoa Merit Scholarship will not be undertaken until all required documents have been submitted. Please submit all required documents to the UH Mānoa Office of Admissions by January 5, 2014.
- The Scholarship is applicable towards the cost of tuition only and is awarded by semester. The Scholarship amount will be reduced if in combination with other merit or need-based aid, it exceeds the cost of tuition for that semester.
- This scholarship cannot be combined with the Regent's Scholarship and/or the John A. Burns School of Medicine Scholarship.
- Students must enroll in the Fall semester to which they have been admitted immediately following their high school graduation; deferment of the Scholarship to a future term will not be allowed.
- Students must register for, maintain, and complete a minimum of 30 UH Mānoa credits per academic year (excluding AP, IB, or CLEP credits and repeated courses or backtracks) and maintain a 3.0 cumulative grade point average in UH Mānoa courses. This does not include courses offered through UH Mānoa's Outreach College.
- Students must remain in good academic standing in terms of academic progress and student conduct.
- The Scholarship is offered for 8 consecutive semesters of continuous enrollment or until a bachelor's degree has been completed, whichever comes first. Once eligibility for renewal is lost, it cannot be regained.
- The acceptance form must be signed and submitted by the deadline indicated.
- The statement of intention to register and tuition deposit must be submitted by the deadline indicated.
- Acceptance of the Scholarship allows the University the right to publicize names of students who are Scholarship recipients.
- If you plan to participate in National Student Exchange (NSE) or Study Abroad (SA), or will be on an approved leave of absence please notify Financial Aid Services one semester prior to your exchange about your Scholarship.