If you have already earned a recognized bachelor's or higher degree at UH Mānoa or another institution, you are considered a second degree applicant. Review the steps below to complete your application for admission.
|January 5||Fall semester applications due for international applicants and for priority consideration*|
|May 1||All fall admission applications due|
|September 1||Spring semester applications due for international applicants and for priority consideration*|
|October 1||All spring admission applications due|
*We encourage all applicants to apply for priority consideration. Applying by this deadline increases your chance of receiving financial aid and student housing. Certain programs (e.g., nursing, social work, education, etc.) may have earlier admission deadlines. Please check with the appropriate department for more information.
Applicants to UH Mānoa are expected to have completed certain requirements at their previous institution. Please review the requirements below.
- Applications for a second baccalaureate degree will be considered only if there is a demonstrable difference in curricula and objectives between the two degrees and majors. The applicant must have a superior grade point average (GPA) and demonstrate strong promise of success in the proposed second degree
- Applicants must have earned or will earn a recognized bachelor's degree by entry term
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 (for Hawaiʻi residents) or 2.5 (for non-Hawaiʻi residents)
- Certain programs may require higher GPAs and prerequisite course work. Please check with the appropriate department for more information.
- In addition, there may be college specific requirements. Students should also check with the college advising office and websites in addition to the academic department.
All applicants must meet application deadlines set by the University. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered. Admission requirements are currently under review and are subject to change.
UH Mānoa takes all your application materials into consideration when making an admissions decision. To apply for admission, please submit the following:
- University of Hawaiʻi System Admission Application
You may download the paper application or apply online. Please read the instructions carefully.
If you are not a U.S. citizen, are a non-native speaker of English, or have been educated in a country other than the United States, refer to the International Admission Process.
- Application Fee: $70 U.S.
The application fee is nonrefundable and nontransferable and valid only for the semester indicated on the application. Please send a money order or check payable to the University of Hawaiʻi or download the credit card authorization form (PDF).
Official transcripts must be submitted directly from your college or university to UH Mānoa. You are required to submit transcripts from each post-secondary institution you have attended (excluding any University of Hawaiʻi System institution). Unofficial, faxed, hand-carried, or student copies of academic documents will not be accepted.
- Mail application materials to:
University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa
Office of Admissions
2600 Campus Road, Room 001
Honolulu, HI 96822-2385