your journey as a Rainbow Warrior by following our checklist. Welcome to the Rainbow Warrior ʻohana. Hoʻomaikaʻi!
|SUBMIT INTENT TO ENROLL & TUITION DEPOSIT|
|CREATE YOUR MYUH ACCOUNT|
|PAYING FOR COLLEGE|
|APPLY FOR STUDENT HOUSING|
|SUBMIT HEALTH CLEARANCE|
|SUBMIT FINAL DOCUMENTS|
|PREPARE YOUR SCHEDULE|
|ADVISOR CONTACT INFORMATION|
Gain insight and a first-hand Rainbow Warrior experience on a guided campus tour. This is not mandatory, however, we encourage and welcome you to experience a tour of our Mānoa campus and residence halls. Information sessions hosted by admissions counselors and tours guided by our very own Rainbow Warrior students. Tours are offered daily, Monday through Friday. For special hotel rates and options offered through our hotel partners, visit manoa.hawaii.edu/admissions/undergrad/visit/special_rates.html.
Intent to Enroll Form [PDF]
Deadline: May 1
Confirm your attendance at the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa. Submit your intent to enroll & $200 tuition deposit by May 1. Form is included in your acceptance packet, and a form-fillable PDF version is also available for download (link provided above).
Deadline: May 1
Create your MyUH account by visiting the MyUH website, so we can begin keeping in touch with you. You must first create your UH username (click on “Get A UH Username” at myuh.hawaii.edu), and then follow directions prompted on the website.
Your MyUH account gives you access to the following:
- Gmail (email account)
- MyUH portal (access your account information, including financial aid & class registration)
- STAR Database (track your progress towards graduation, transfer credits, search & apply for scholarships)
- SECE (look for on-campus employment and more)
- Laulima (communicate with your professors and complete class assignments)
Apply for financial aid & scholarships
Deadline: March 1
Consider this a lifelong investment. Help finance your journey by applying for financial aid and scholarships. Apply for financial aid by submitting a FAFSA application by March 1, or as soon as possible. University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa's Federal School Code is 001610.
Financial aid includes:
- Work study
- STAR Database Scholarships - February 15
- University of Hawaiʻi System Scholarships - March 1
Deadline: September 1
In August 2016, your tuition bill and cost of attendance will be viewable on your MyUH account and will not be mailed to you. If you choose, you will then be able to set up a tuition payment plan at this time. You may also submit your payment online, by mail, or in person. For more information or to learn how to sign up for a tuition payment plan, visit the MyUH tutorial website: myuhinfo.hawaii.edu/page/registration. All balances must be paid by deadline.
Deadline: May 1
If you are interested in living on campus, submit the housing application by visiting manoa.hawaii.edu/housing. The following are required in order to begin the application process:
- UH ID Number (found on your acceptance letter)
- MyUH email account (the housing contract offer will be sent to this address only)
- $25 non-refundable application fee
Students in residence halls (Hale Anuenue, Frear Hall, Gateway House, and Hale Aloha Towers) are required to purchase a meal plan each semester. You are automatically enrolled in the “Select 10” meal plan upon completing your housing application. Commuter students and students in on-campus apartments (Hale Noelani and Hale Wainani) are not required to purchase a meal plan, but do have the option. For more information on meal plans, visit uhm.sodexomyway.com/dining-plans.
Deadline: July 15
We want to make sure all of our Rainbow Warriors are in fighting shape. Submit your health clearance form to University Health Services. Form is included in your acceptance packet and can also be found online at hawaii.edu/shs/health_clearance.
- MMR - 2 doses (A Measles/Mumps/Rubeola vaccination record or an antibody test by your general physician is sufficient)
- Tuberculosis Test (TB Test)
Deadline: August 1
Before becoming a full-fledged Rainbow Warrior, you must submit your final documents to the Office of Admissions by August 1. Submit final docments by mailing to the Office of Admissions, 2600 Campus Rd. 001, Honolulu, HI 96822. Electronic transcripts may be sent directly from your school.
- Final official transcript (with final grades)
- Official test scores
Deadline: July 29
Every Warrior’s journey has a path. Get an early start on creating your class schedule through ACE or STAR. Visit manoa.hawaii.edu/star to begin creating your class schedule.
- ACE: Think freshman interest groups - these are grouped classes based on your major and will be experienced alongside 15 other students. This is a great way to meet new friends, too!
- STAR: Think a la carte - these are non-grouped classes based on your major.
Deadline: Consult with advisor
Some Warriors may have additional tests that they must complete prior to beginning their journey. You may contact your academic advisor if required to take a placement test. Both MyUH portal and STAR will prompt students if a placement exam is required.
- Math (available online)
- Chemistry (available online)
ACT College Code: 0902
We offer a variety of options to help you transition into the Rainbow Warrior Way. More information about these programs will be communicated through your MyUH email account.
- One-Day Freshman/Transfer Orientation Program: Primarily for students who live on the island of Oʻahu, although the invite is open to all who will be on island the day of the event.
- Week Of Welcome (WOW): Primarily for students who are out-of-state, neighbor island, and international; WOW coincides with your residence hall check-in. Get ready to move-in and enjoy a week of activities to get you orientated.
- Unable to attend either? If you are living in the residence halls, they will have orientation type activities for you to participate in as well.